Sunday, January 18, 2009

Reflection #2

My Big Fat Greek Wedding

1. Do you think this is a true story?


Yes, I think this is a true story. Before, I think that it was normal for Greek people to marry only Greek and Japanese people to marry only Japanese, but now things are changing. Also, factors other than ethnicity and culture come into play during marriage. In the movie, religion was a big part of marriage. Things like eating habits were also important. The man was vegetarian and he was marrying into a meat eating family!

2. Can this really happen in today's modern times?

I think that this could really happen in today's society. I am not sure but in my opinion, people today are much more accepting of intercultural and interracial marriages.


1 comment:

chai said...

I also think that things are changing little by little now. It seemes that more and more people are becoming open-minded, and I like that. I think everyone should be able to choose our partner regardless of the religion or cultural backbgound.